The best Phrase Thesaurus in the world.
What is PhraseHQ?The world's biggest database of phrases
- Colloquial phrases - 'kiss and tell'
- Idioms - 'a fish out of water'
- Proverbs - 'never judge a book by its cover'
- Metaphor - 'elephant in the room'
- Similes - 'eat like a horse'
- Cliches - 'all bets are off'
- Euphemisms - 'a few cards short of a full deck'
- Wordplays - 'mean as custard'
- Quotations - 'anger is brief madness'
- Humorous - 'if i agreed with you we'd both be wrong'
- Song titles/lyrics - 'all you need is love'
- Movie titles - 'some like it hot'
- Book titles - 'Catch-22'
- Rhyming slang - 'nice boat race'
- Political slogans - 'a fair days pay for a fair days work'
- Business jargon - 'think outside the box'
- Advertising slogans - 'born to perform'
- Oxymorons - 'deafening silence'
- Tongue Twisters - 'Peter picked a pickled pepper'
Who uses PhraseHQ?Creative people all around the world
- Advertising agencies
- Branding agencies
- Marketing departments
- PR agencies
- Website designers
- Speech writers
- Book publishers
- Magazine publishers
- Newspaper publishers
- Song writers
- Non-native English speakers
What our users are saying
"Simply brilliant. I love it!"– Louisa Street, ABC
"A must-have for copywriters"– Peter Guest, Pearson
"You have made my life so much easier. Thank you"– Simon Haines, freelance copywriter, NY
"I use PhraseHQ every week ... it has become part of my life like coffee and cake"– Peter Silk, iVision
"A must have!"– Jackie Bateman, Ideology
View PhraseHQ on your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone
So it works on all your favourite devices, from iPhones to Android Tablets, laptops and chromebooks, even your old Blackberry...